Saturday, November 28, 2015

My Last Day of Work and Recap of Our Thanksgiving

Tommy's Dad and Nephews
Even though I wrote a small post yesterday, I feel as though it has been a lifetime since I last posted an addition, I guess because so much has happened. Yesterday I woke up with a horrific headache, stomach ache, and just feeling horrible. I had so many plans for yesterday to be extremely productive, from cleaning, doing laundry, and separating stuff in our house from what we want to take back home with us, and stuff we are going to be selling and giving to charity. However, those plans were just that, plans, and they were not meant for me to accomplish yesterday. It is very aggravating how often I feel the exact same way I did yesterday, exhausted beyond the point of repair.

Lavada, the Thanksgiving dinner host, and sister April.
I woke up at yesterday morning at 10:30am, which is rare, usually I wake up by 8:00/8:30am. I knew it was going to be an awful day due to the headache I awoke with, but I thought that maybe after a 10mg Percocet it might go away, so I took the pain pill and started some laundry. I then sat down on the couch to give the medication some time to kick in, but it didn't work. My headache just continued to get worse. By 1:30pm I knew I needed to lay back down and just go to bed, but the last thing I wanted was for my husband to come home to a mess in the kitchen so I cleaned the kitchen, and just as I finished he walked in the door early. He is so loving that he told me to stop and go to bed. He said the last thing that I needed to do when feeling this way is house work that can wait until later or the next day, but I knew that if I didn't do it he would, and he had to work yesterday, I didn't. Anyways I went to bed at around 2:00pm and didn't wake up again until 6:45. After that Jason and I watched 2 movies and we went to bed at 10pm. I was so exhausted and feeling yucky that I slept until 8:00am this morning.

I know, you all are probably thinking blah, blah, blah. No one really cares about moment by moment outlay of my day when I don't feel good, but it's good for me to keep track of for my doctors. Also I am reading Tom Brokaw's biography right now about him finding out he had multiple myeloma, and the past few years fighting it and one thing that, in my opinion, it is missing is, how he felt going through treatment. What was it like in his opinion, going through the tests, what did the treatments make him feel like during the extreme lows it put him through. Maybe it does go through that eventually, but so far I am into his second year of fighting and I have seen nothing about it, maybe that stuff is to come.

Kate and Tommy, the BEST neighbors EVER!
My splendid Vegan Oreo Cheesecake
Thanksgiving day was so much fun for Jason and I! We went with our neighbor's Kate and Tommy to Tomm'y sister's house. Her name is Lavada and she is so nice and funny! They had everything that a proper Thanksgiving dinner should have, which also included April's (Tommy's other sister) Vegetable Wellington, which was AMAZING!!! I am totally going to have to make it and add the recipe on here when I do. For Jason and I's contribution I made a vegan Oreo cheesecake, and it was amazing! The picture doesn't do it justice, even though it does look pretty amazing. I have added a link to the recipe, but if you don't have a food processor, don't bother. I don't have one, and I used my nuti-bullet and it took me FOREVER to make! There is so much that has to be processed down to a powder, and while it came out great it was a lot of work that I will never do again unless I have a food processor. Every one loved it though and they were all amazed that it was Vegan!!

http://namelymarly.com/cheesecake-factory-vegan-copycat-oreo-cheesecake/

I loved spending Thanksgiving with a family again! Everyone in Kate and Tommy's family were so welcoming and gracious! It really made me miss my family, but we were so blessed to have two wonderful friends who invited us to spend such a special holiday with them and their family. When we were leaving, Tommy's mom said "We have adopted you guys, you're now a part of the family", which means a lot! It was special to experience that kind of feeling, where strangers treat you just like family!

Mrs. Cheryl and I on my last day of work
My boss, Kathy and I on my last
day of work.
Today is my last day of work. It is kind of bitter sweet. I am sad to leave the great people that I have met working here. I am sad that I will not see my students who are currently enrolled graduate. I am sad that I am leaving a job the I know like the back of my hand to enter into a world of treatment I know nothing about. I am leaving the comfort zone of a job that I have been good at and excelled in for the past 4 years, and my future is completely up in the air. I hate feeling like I am in limbo. But, I have a feeling, a great, strong feeling that I am going to be lead to the future and greatness I am suppose to forefeel. like God is leading me on this path I am merely following. I guess we will all see where I end up together, you all will know as soon as I do.
Megan and I on my last day of work

I am erasing my name from the Rep
board.
I will be back home in Kansas City on December 8th. Once there I plan on making videos that I upload onto the blog as well. I am nervous, but also excited about what the future holds for Jason and I. I know that there will be a lot of hard times, but I also know that there will be a lot of memories made, and for that I am so thankful! I love you all, thank you for the continued support, and as always #Advocateforyourhealth

The Herbels, Jason and I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving like we did!







2 comments:

  1. Glad y'all had a nice Thanksgiving. And that cheesecake looks good! Hooray for Oreo's being vegan :) And yeah, if you're going to be doing stuff with cashews, definitely get a high speed blender. (Such as a Vitamix, but they are crazy expensive.) I made a vegan pumpkin pie today from cashews :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great holiday you had! I'm so happy for you. I know change is so hard, April and you're facing all your changes with such grace. I need to learn from you:).❤️

    ReplyDelete