So, this evening I am in quite a bit of pain. I have lower back pain to the point where I am honestly dreading getting up to go to the bathroom. I took Ruby to the vet and all the pulling and tugging on the leash though was a lot on me, and now, not only am I exhausted, but I am super sore. It was pretty cute though, she has never seen a cat before, until today! She didn't quite know what to make of it, especially when it hissed at her. Right now, I feel like every muscle is tense all at the same time and there is nothing I can do to relax any of them. Because of that, Jason and I are just chilling at home, and I am catching up on some "Grey's Anatomy".
Now, for me it is sometimes hard to be completely honest because, honestly the last thing I want anyone to ever think is that I am some lame, punk ass, pouty whiney baby. But, I promised with this I would be honest about how I am feeling, and to a lot of people it may not make sense, but for me the only way to be honest is to say how I am feeling regardless on if I offend someone or not, so here it goes.......
I have been asked lately, "how are you doing", and normally, I am going to say, "I am doing okay", because, do you truly want to hear how I am doing? Usually not, you're just trying to be nice, and I am just trying to get around the weirdness of all of this. Sometimes, when someone asks, I tell them how I found out, but truly, no one wants to hear how I am doing. No one wants to continue to hear me say how exhausted I am, nor could they understand, unless they have been there, done that. No one wants to hear me say I am in so much pain I literally need to sit for a while, and even then I am still in pain. No one wants to hear how a table that I could pick up on my own just 4 months ago now feels like a thousand pounds with someone else helping me carry it. But, more importantly, I don't truly want to admit those things. On the other hand, if I am going to admit those things, where better to admit them but here?
Also, if you know someone suffering any kind of illness, not like the flu, cause you can catch that and I don't want you to get sick due to my advice, but visit them, make them laugh somehow, make them feel beautiful, and mean it, make them feel special somehow. These are the things that people closest to me have done for me. If you know someone who is sick, even with just the flu, drop off a box of Kleenex, some word searches, some flu meds, some orange juice, their favorite drink, anything, and ring the door bell, then run....let them wonder who it was who did this kind gesture for them. It will make their mind run through all the people it could be, and that will make them realize all the people they have in their life that love them, which is powerful. Send them a letter in the mail, it is something that they can keep and look back on when having a bad day, which is powerful too.

Today, I am thankful that I had this great day, yes I had pain, yes I am exhausted, but it could be worse. I am grateful that I got to take Ruby to the vet. She is able to get better, and Jason and I are able to provide her with a great home and a great life. I am grateful for all the wonderful people in my life, who love me without a doubt, and who care about me without question. I love you all!
So, before I hit post, this literally just happened. I just got my first ETSY sale from a complete stranger. YAY!!!!!! It was this "Silent Night" on canvas that I sold.

#advocateforyourhealth
I'm just going to leave this right here. Know more about a plasma cancer that can be caught through blood test at a very early stage, but usually isn't caught until.....well, look at that median age at diagnosis, and by then it is stage 3.
No comments:
Post a Comment